Hillingdon Council: Putting our residents first.
About the job
Following a recent restructure we have realigned our Highways Service and created the new multi-functional role of Streetscene Inspector within the Networks Operations Team. We are now seeking to appoint a proactive individual with a flexible approach to undertake routine and reactive safety inspections of the public highway. The role also includes the monitoring, inspection and enforcement of all works within the street environment required under the New Roads & Street Works Act, and ensuring that relevant records are captured, and works orders are raised utilising mobile devices. The post holder will be required to demonstrate excellent customer service and provide timely responses to member/resident enquiries relating to any aspect of reactive highway maintenance. Assisting the winter service delivery and supporting events on the highway may also be required to meet the needs of the service.
About the person
You should have significant experience of streetworks and/or highways inspections supported by an appropriate streetworks/highways inspector's qualification. Evidence of continued professional development and a valid driving license will also be required.
For further information or an informal discussion please call Wayne Greenshields on 01895 277553.
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
• local government average salary pension scheme
• free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
• a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
• generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
• career breaks
• flexible working hours
• season ticket loan
• access to a Credit Union
• on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
• access to a wide range of training and courses
• discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
• payment of professional fees where these are required
• discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
• cycle purchase scheme
• car sharing scheme
• 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
Interviews are scheduled for week commencing Monday 15th July 2019, however this may be subject to change depending on business need.