The Governors at Melling Primary School are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant from September 2019 to work on 1:1 basis with a child/children in Early Years in order to support their academic progress, social and personal development. This will be a temporary contract.
The successful candidate must:
- Be supportive of the inclusive ethos of the school
- Have an enhanced DBS check
- Have experience of working within a mainstream setting supporting children on a 1:1 or small group basis
- Have experience of working with children with Special Educational Needs
- Be willing to support personal care of young children
- Have a genuine desire to work with children
- Be enthusiastic, hard-working, with a sense of humour
- Be flexible and adaptable
- Be able to work within a team
- Be able to set high expectations for themselves and children
The person should have a recognised teaching assistant qualification or be someone who is keen to work in an educational setting and has previous experience of working in a school.