The Governors at Melling Primary School are looking to appoint a high performing NQT (classroom teacher) on a 0.4 FTE contract for a 12 month temporary contract. The successful applicant would have responsibility for teaching 2 days per week (a different class each day and days would be specified)
Class Teacher – KS1/KS2 - Part time Required from September 2019 – 1 year Fixed term until 31st August 2020 NOR 198
The successful candidate will have:
- An excellent understanding and knowledge of the National Curriculum.
- An excellent understanding of assessment for learning
- Be enthusiastic, hard-working, with a sense of humour
- Be flexible and adaptable
- Be able to work within a team
- Be able to set high expectations for themselves and children
- High expectations of learning, achievement and behaviour.
- An outstanding teacher who can plan and resource a learning environment that inspires and creates a sustained interest from the children and challenges thinking.
- Commitment to working with parents, governors and the wider school community.
- Be willing to contribute to everyday life at Melling Primary School such as after school clubs, fund raising events, sports events.
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and is committed to working collaboratively for the good of all pupils
- A enthusiasm and passion for a subject enabling support for a Subject Leader
- Be fully committed to the school in this part time post
We can offer
- A popular, warm welcoming, happy and supportive Primary School
- A caring and positive school community underpinned by our strong ethos where all are valued and where all strive to be the best that they can be
- A deeply committed, supportive and innovative senior leadership team and Governing Body
- A school that is committed to your professional and personal development
- Positive, happy and well behaved pupils who enjoy school
- A staff committed to high quality teaching and learning and a culture where everyone is encouraged to succeed
Due to the nature of work the above post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and relevant care/safeguarding legislation and appointment will only be confirmed if a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure is obtained from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Closing date: Friday 21st June
Shortlisting: Monday 24th June
Lesson observations for short-listed candidates: Thursday 27th June
Interviews for successful candidates taken forward: Tuesday 2nd July
Visits to our school: please contact the office to arrange.