Job title: Investigator (with litigation support) x2
Directorate: Political Finance and Regulation
Full-time and permanent
Salary: £33,774 per annum
The Electoral Commission is the independent body which oversees elections and regulates political finance in the UK. In this role you’ll contribute to ensuring the UK’s elections are well-run and the public have confidence in democratic processes.
You will have conduct of enquiries, assessments and investigations into potential offences under the Political Parties, Elections and Referendums Act 2000 (‘PPERA’) and other relevant legislation. You will also provide investigative assistance to senior investigators on complex investigations. In either case, you will make or support recommendations as to whether offences have been committed. When necessary, you will also provide support and assistance to the Legal Team in dealing with litigation matters.
Role Requirements :
- You will hold a law degree or equivalent educational qualificatio
- You are skilled in handling complaints and/or compliance issues
- You have experience of investigating and resolving statutory breaches and straightforward irregularities
- You can plan and manage a challenging workload to strict deadlines
- You can work flexibly both with limited supervision and as part of a team
The Electoral Commission offers excellent terms and conditions, including flexible working hours and the opportunity to join the Civil Service pension arrangements (dependent on scheme rules) which include a valuable range of benefits.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 25th June at 23:59PM, and interviews will take place WC 1st July 2019
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the communit