The Governors at St Philip’s Primary School are looking to appoint a part time Teaching Assistant from September 2019 to work on 1:1 basis to support a child in KS1 with Trisomy 21. The successful candidate will be required to work afternoons, Monday to Friday, Term Time only. The hours of work will be 1p.m. – 3:25p.m.
We are looking for a team player who has relevant, recent experience and high expectations. The role would involve delivering focussed learning activities which are tailored to the child and working very closely with parents and outside agencies.
The successful candidate must:
- Be supportive of the inclusive Christian ethos of the school
- Have confidence in supporting children on a 1:1 or small group basis
- Have experience of working with children with Special Educational Needs
- Have a genuine desire to work with children
- Be enthusiastic, hard-working, with a sense of humour
- Be flexible, adaptable and have a positive working attitude
- Be able to set high expectations for themselves and children
- Have a willingness to contribute positively to our happy team and become involved in the wider aspects of school life
Our school is a strong community where staff work closely with governors, parents, pupils and the local community.
St. Philip’s CE Primary school is committed to safeguarding, to promoting the welfare of children and adhering to the Equality Act 2010. To comply with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 all prospective employees will be required to supply evidence of eligibility to work in the UK.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and the appointment will be subject to references.
How to Apply:
Applicants are welcome and encouraged to look round the school. Please contact the school office to make an appointment.
Complete the application form, once completed either submit online or send to: email@example.com or post to the address below;
St. Philips CE Primary School