Teaching Assistant Level 1
Fixed Term initially for one year from 01.09.19
To support Teaching and Learning in an upper KS2 classroom
St. Oswald's Governing Board are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to join our school team in our successful KS2 department. We are a one form entry school and most classes are fully subscribed. Applicants must have experience in KS2 and excellent GCSE grades in both Maths and English.
The position will involve supporting the class teacher in class.
This is an opportunity for an ambitious Teaching Assistant to join our dedicated and supportive team, the role would suit a graduate who is considering teaching in a Primary School and looking for experience. The appointment is for September 2019 (temporary in the first instance).
We can offer:
- A warm, family orientated school based on Christian faith.
- Enthusiastic and motivated pupils, staff, families and Governors.
- A commitment to your professional development.
- A variety of strong extra-curricular provision and extended services.
- An up to date, modern working environment.
- A supportive and friendly staff team and Governors.
- A school with high standards and expectations of staff, Governors, pupils and parents.
- A supportive team committed to developing the teaching and learning throughout the school.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is committed to upholding the Christian ethos of the school.
- Has a high level of enthusiasm, energy, flexibility and a sense of humour.
- Has high expectations of children’s learning and their behaviour.
- Has high expectations of themselves professionally.
- Can show an ability to motivate and inspire others.
- Will enjoy working as part of a friendly, dedicated team, committed to raising standards and achievement.
- Is committed to working with families and passionate about children's education.
- Committed to ensuring children achieve their full potential in acquiring the essential skills needed in reading, writing and numeracy
- Committed to raising standards
- Committed to working in partnership with colleagues, other professionals and families
- Willing to deliver after school activities and attend out of hours events.
- Has an understanding of pupils living in difficult circumstances.
- Is flexible, willing and able to work additional hours if necessary.
This position may suit applicants who are embarking on a PGCE course in 2020-21 and are looking for experience in a primary school. All shortlisted candidates must be prepared to undertake basic skills tests in English and Maths as part of the interview process.
Completed, applications should be returned to the school for the attention of Mrs J Erskine to St Oswald's CE Primary School, Ronald Ross Avenue, Bootle, L30 5RH.
The closing date will be 26.06.19 at 5.00pm. Short listing will take place on 27.06.19, shortlisted candidates will be informed by email. Interviews will be held on 02.07.19.
Should you wish to arrange a visit, please contact the school.