Salary: £36,843 - £46,331
Are you ready for a change of scene and the chance to work on a varied, interesting and often complex caseload? Perhaps you need more flexibility in your job but don’t want to give up the more interesting cases? If any of these apply to you, we may have the role for you.
About the role
You will be:
- evaluating and reporting on planning applications
- presenting cases at planning sub-committee
- providing pre-application advice
- offering your planning expertise and experience on enforcement matters; and
- dealing with appeals.
Being a planner in Elmbridge
Elmbridge is one of the busiest local planning authorities in the country and sets very high standards for the delivery of planning decisions within government targets. With land values that rival London and a population of 135,000, Elmbridge will provide you with an exciting and challenging step in your career.
The Borough maintains heavy demands for development and equally strong pressure to protect the local environment. It covers extensive high-quality residential areas, large areas of Green Belt, an important stretch of the Thames and several conservation areas and listed buildings. All of which makes this an interesting place to be a planner and it is easily accessed from London.
You will be ready to step up to a Senior Planner role dealing with complex applications, or perhaps you will be an experienced planner wanting a change, in either case you will;
- have significant experience of development management
- a degree in Town and Country planning or equivalent qualifications
- and a commitment to delivering excellent customer care.
We know we ask a lot, but the good news is that we give a lot too.
- Flexibility: And we really mean it! We know you have to juggle work and life commitments and we are happy and open to discussing the right mix for you whether its compressed hours or working from home, just give us a call.
- Wellbeing: When you thrive Elmbridge thrives, which is why we have developed a strong and varied wellbeing programme for our employees, from mindfulness to lunchtime table tennis – the options are there for you.
- Learning and development: We all know learning doesn’t stop when you leave university, it is an ongoing journey and we will support you on that journey by creating a bespoke learning and development plan for you.
- The package: Not forgetting our excellent pension and discounts with various local businesses and free employee parking.
We encourage you to read more on us and if you have any queries please give us a call.
Here are some reading options to help you with your decision making:
If you would like to talk to us about the role, please give Paul our Development Manager a call on 01372 474808.
What are you waiting for?
Closing Date: Monday 22 July 2019 at 12 noon
Interview Date: Wednesday 7 August 2019