Reading Borough Council has an ambitious programme of refurbishments to ensure our housing stock meets the required high standard of maintenance. Due to this increasing programme of work the Property Services Team Are looking to further build its Multi-Skilled operatives to work primarily on the Kitchen and Bathroom refurbishment programme on both occupied and void properties.
About the roles
We are looking for a trade operative that is skilled, highly motivated and keen to work in a fast moving and constantly evolving Public Sector.
- Primarily to carry out repairs and rewiring, in a safe and effective manner using schedule of rates, and working to the Councils Pay and Productivity scheme.
- Carry out other major works and testing either on planned programmes or one off jobs or void properties using schedule of rates, and working to the Councils Pay and Productivity scheme.
- To assess the materials needed and either obtain from the main stores or obtain official orders for purchase direct from appropriate supplier, making sure that receipts, goods received notes and other paperwork is obtained and passed to your supervisor daily.
- Seek approval, prior to commencement of work, if the repairs needed exceed the work specified on the order.
- The majority of work will be undertaken in occupied property so, care must be exercised at all times to avoid damage to occupants’ property. All tenants and other customers to be treated with courtesy and respect at all times.
You will need to be a good communicator with City and Guilds or equivalent qualification up to and including the 17th Edition as well as other basic skills and be able to demonstrate relevant experience within the construction industry.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
- A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday plus public holidays (rising to 30 after 10 year’s service)
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loans
- A range of local discounts
For more information on this position please contact Saoirse.firstname.lastname@example.org