We are looking for an experienced Payroll Assistant to work in our busy, friendly payroll team based in Maidenhead. The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead HR service runs payrolls for around 4,500 people, across 13 monthly payrolls and a number of different employers.
The right candidate will:
- Have a customer focused approach.
- Be self-motivated and have a desire to improve.
- Be able to identify the best ways of working.
- Be able to demonstrate their ability to work across different environments.
- Be adaptable to change.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring timely and accurate data input, working to specific timescales to defined SLA’s, demonstrating a high attention to detail.
- Calculating manual payroll and pension adjustments (including LGPS and Teachers Pension).
- Managing the processing of monthly payrolls. Acting as a point of contact/representative for the wider HR/Payroll team and demonstrating a high level of customer service.
- Working to, and being responsible for, the Standard Operating Procedure for specific areas of work/customers.
- Monthly reporting/reconciliation of payrolls, ensuring they are completed in line with current legislation and to agreed timescales.
- Dealing with queries over the phone and in writing. Taking a shared responsibility for administrative tasks.
- A strong level of both written and verbal English is required, candidates will be expected to be able to demonstrate their confidence to speak to a range of staff, managers and external contacts.
Previous payroll experience is essential. Candidates without practical experience will unfortunately not be considered.
Exposure to iTrent payroll and LGPS/Teachers Pension would be a definite advantage, however training will be provided for the right candidate. Applicants should be prepared to demonstrate their experience of Excel, Word/Outlook and Payroll calculations as part of the interview process.
The post is 37 hours per week, with some flexibility required during busy periods.
Applications will be reviewed as submitted and candidates will be contacted if they are to be progressed to interview stage. This could result in the advert closing earlier than advised.
If you wish to discuss this position informally please contact Jo Thrift on 01628 685763, Catherine McDaid on 01628 796339 or Sophie Hayes on 01628 685740.
Closing date: 30 June 2019