Senior Highways Engineer - ITS/Street Lighting
Permanent: 37 Hours per Week
Salary: £33,920 - £41, 735
Thurrock Council's Environment & Highways Directorate are currently seeking an experienced Engineer to join the Highways Division.
The Environment and Highways Directorate's agenda is vital in ensuring that the highways infrastructure environmental maintenance, community protection and enforcement and waste management services deliver for residents and business alike. The services underpin activities and communities and enhance the quality of places, life and work in the Borough.
Working within a fast evolving Highways Infrastructure Team and playing a pivotal role in the management of the highway network, the successful candidate will be at the forefront of the Highways service helping to maintain the borough's highway infrastructure.
Working within a team of dedicated, skilled professionals you will have a key role in assisting the Highways Team in delivering its modernisation agenda.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate experience in:
- Efficiently managing a Highways Maintenance team including staff, resource and workload issues
- Specialising in ITS systems and Street Lighting
- Providing management reports and information including performance indicators on the team's work
- Leading the team in devising, designing and implementing schemes and procedures to achieve maximum highway efficiency, effectiveness and safety in line with Council policies
- To deal with, in a sensitive and timely manner, complex correspondence and enquiries from and meetings with members of the community, Councillors, internal and external organisations
In return, we offer competitive staff benefits including:
- Generous annual leave entitlement - 25 days rising to 30 after 5 years' service
- Flexible working to enable a healthy work life balance
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Excellent training opportunities and an established CPD Programme
To view the Job Profile and Person Specification please follow the link below:
Closing Date: 14 July 2019