Appointment Type - Permanent
Job Term - Full Time
Hours - 36
Location - Kingston and Sutton
Full details - We've set up a dedicated recruitment website for IT and Digital roles, you can learn more about the work we do, our customers, vision, available roles and what it's like to work for us by visiting www.kingston-sutton-digital-jobs.co.uk/
Digital and IT is a shared service between Kingston and Sutton Councils providing digital and technology services to both Councils as well as a number of arm's length companies.
We're committed to delivering great public services that are not only highly effective but also easily accessible. We’ve championed the digitisation of services as well as adopting a ‘mobile first’ model to ensure that this commitment is fulfilled.
As part of the management team, you’ll be responsible for the overall management of the technology infrastructure, resources and technical projects.
Its main purpose is to:
- Provide management of the technical infrastructure, ensuring that agreed service levels are met and all relevant procedures are adhered to
- Take responsibility for the design, procurement, build, installation, upgrading, operation, control, maintenance and effective use of IT infrastructure components and monitor their performance
- Assure the physical and logical security of ICT systems - compliance with PSN, PCI and Cyber Essentials Manage cloud based services ensuring delivery of operations meets business needs
- Ensure that all cloud operations are secure, resilient and reliable
- Lead on the improvement of service and component availability and capacity, including the investigation of all breaches of availability targets and service non-availability, with the instigation of remedial activities
A full overview of the role is available in the Job Profile.
Benefits we offer
Kingston Council has good access to central London and our offices are a short walk from the station based in the middle of the historic and vibrant high street next to the open spaces of the river Thames, offering a wide range of shops, restaurants and leisure facilities; all making for a desirable place to live and work.
The successful candidate will have access to a wide range of staff benefits, some of which include:
- 29 days annual leave - In addition you will receive 8 statutory bank holidays
- Local government pension scheme
- Interest free season loan ticket
- Cycle to work and Zip Car Scheme
- Discounts on a range of local shops, restaurants, gyms and leisure centres
- Comprehensive Learning and Development programme
- A forward thinking and networked organisation where employee’s views are valued.
- Modern and flexible working environment allowing employees to benefit from agile working practices.
Closing date: Sunday 28th July 2019
Interview date: To be confirmed