We need a self-motivated and customer focused person to work within our Technical Admin Team within the Building Control Service. The team provides administrative support to professional Building Control officers undertaking a wide range of Building Control related duties.
About the role
A key part of the role is registration, administration, validation and monitoring of all Building Regulation Applications, produce reports and documents and to provide an effective and efficient technical support to the Building Control team.
- You will have experience of working in a similar role in an office environment with the ability to work effectively and efficiently to enable the service to operate and deliver excellent customer service.
- The work is varied and unpredictable therefore you will need to be flexible with a problem-solving approach.
- You will have relevant IT skills in order to input and maintain the various databases used throughout the service and be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills with team members and customers.
- Qualifications/education Training- Grade 'C' GCSE in Maths and English or NVQ level 2 in business administration.Our offer Local Government Pension SchemeChildcare voucher schemeSeason ticket loans
- A range of local discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- 24 days holiday plus public holidays (rising to 32 after service)
- A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.
Please be aware that for the purposes of equal opportunities, we can only accept Reading Borough Council application forms.
Internal Reading Borough Council employees must login via Employee Self Service to apply. If you have not yet been issued with your Employee Self Service account, or you have any queries, please email EmployeeSelfService@reading.gov.uk with details.
For an informal discussion please contact Reza Saneie-Khansari the Building Control Manager on 01189372427.
Closing date for applications: 15th June 2019
Interview date: Week commencing 22nd June 2019
Please note that these dates are indicative at this stage and may be subject to change