Appointment Type - Permanent
Job Term - Full Time
Hours - 36
Location - Kingston and Sutton
Full details - We've set up a dedicated recruitment website for IT and Digital roles, you can learn more about the work we do, our customers, vision, available roles and what it's like to work for us by visiting www.kingston-sutton-digital-jobs.co.uk/
Digital and IT is a shared service between Kingston and Sutton Councils providing digital and technology services to both Councils as well as a number of arm's length companies.
We're committed to delivering great public services that are not only highly effective but also easily accessible. We’ve championed the digitisation of services as well as adopting a ‘mobile first’ model to ensure that this commitment is fulfilled.
Working in the Enabling and Emerging Technologies team, you’ll be responsible for raising the profile of the Digital & IT team and Digital Strategy, ensuring that the Digital & IT team and the Councils have the capacity and capability to deliver the Digital Strategy through the delivery of innovative technology.
Its main purpose is to:
- Assist in delivering the vision for enabling Digital capacity for the Councils
- Work with colleagues to deliver continuous improvement of the skills and capabilities of staff within the Digital Service through a wide range of informal and formal activities such as Lunch and Learn
- Evolve and develop internal processes, tools and working practices to build and stretch the best capability for Digital & IT
- Review emerging technologies and consider their use in the CouncilAssist in the use cases and implementation of emerging technologies
- Work alongside colleagues across the Councils to build excellence in digital and technology skills, encouraging the sharing of best practices and delivery of results
A full overview of the role is available in the Job Profile.
Benefits we offer
Kingston Council has good access to central London and our offices are a short walk from the station based in the middle of the historic and vibrant high street next to the open spaces of the river Thames, offering a wide range of shops, restaurants and leisure facilities; all making for a desirable place to live and work.
The successful candidate will have access to a wide range of staff benefits, some of which include:
- 29 days annual leave - In addition you will receive 8 statutory bank holidays
- Local government pension scheme
- Interest free season loan ticket
- Cycle to work and Zip Car Scheme
- Discounts on a range of local shops, restaurants, gyms and leisure centres
- Comprehensive Learning and Development programme
- A forward thinking and networked organisation where employee’s views are valued.
- Modern and flexible working environment allowing employees to benefit from agile working practices.
Closing date: Sunday 28th July 2019
Interview date: To be confirmed