This role DOESN’T mean you would be thrown in at the deep end, managing multi-million pound developments, but it does mean you will have a really interesting and varied job based in our Council offices, and get out and about visiting our sites, working with a team who are involved in managing the delivery of Council projects, and would be ideal for someone who is interested in furthering a career in managing projects, solving problems and dealing with people and external organisations.
The apprentice will be undertaking the Level 4 Associate Project Manager Apprenticeship Standard.
On a project management apprenticeship, you will gain the knowledge and experience to facilitate and organise projects with confidence.
The course will cover the essentials when leading projects of various sizes, alongside making the most of your budget, and best practices when working closely with your team.
Your responsibilities in this role will include:
- Communicating with stakeholders to understand their needs, this might include residents, Councillors, community groups and local businesses
- Learning about effective leadership styles and qualities, all skills you need to deliver a successful project
- Managing your budgets and resources
- Producing and directing projects with an emphasis on time, cost, quality and safety
The apprentice will work with the Project Management team to learn how these services are carried out on a daily basis, managing the projects and dealing with external contractors and design consultants, and sometimes the general public. The apprentice will be based in the Council Offices in Market Harborough working with the team who manage the services on a daily basis.
The apprentice will learn key skills in project management, communication, data management and the working procedures of a Council and will work closely with the Councils Projects Manager.
Duties will include the following:
- Assisting the team in managing the development and delivery of residential development projects in line with the objectives set out in the Corporate Property Strategy
- Assisting in providing sound advice and guidance on complex development matters to senior management, members, forums
- Assisting in providing full and effective project management for Council led residential schemes
- Assisting in liaison, negotiating and working in partnership with private developers, landowners, investors, other businesses and public and third sectors organisations to bring forward schemes
- Assisting in identifying appropriate procurement options to appoint consultants and contractors including through Frameworks
- Assisting in the resolution of complex and contentious issues between key stakeholders and landowners/residents
- Assisting with identifying, obtaining and analysing property development information, consulting with key stakeholders to generate long term strategies, master plans and delivery plans for residential development
- Assisting in the management of the development of information and management based systems to support the work of the Service
- Assisting in the management of community engagement and stakeholder consultation and negotiations to develop and manage appropriate partnerships and networks
- Assisting in the management of contractor relationships and providing effective contract management for the pre-construction, construction phase and sales phases
- Assisting in providing effective project management information to enable the work programme of the Service to be directed, controlled, co-ordinated and prioritised
Assisting with the operation of the Council’s Quick Response Team, (QRT) including:
- Delivery of projects for other Council Departments and external organisations
- Assisting with planning and preparing work programme for the QRT team ensuring and effective and efficient service is provided
- Assisting with implementing survey inspections and preparing reports on all watercourses and flood defence systems) maintained by the Council to create a programme of works
- Complying with all Council policies and statutory requirements and guidance in relation to Equality and Diversity, Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety, Safeguarding and Communication and involvement policies
- Health and Safety
To be familiar with and at all times comply with:
- The Council’s general health and safety policy
- The Council’s specific health & safety policies and procedures as detailed in the Council health and safety policy documents
- Local department specific health and safety procedures as amended or added to from time to time