Hexagon Housing owns and manages over 4,000 general needs homes and two high support mental health rehab centres in South-East London. We take pride in providing high quality services to our customers, and are committed to putting residents at the heart of everything we do. We are looking for someone who wants to make a difference and has a positive attitude, to join our Care Services Team.
Kirkwood Road rehab centre is based in Nunhead, SE15. The service is modelled as Supported Living, in line with the government’s choice and personalisation agenda, and delivers innovative medium term support to people with complex mental health needs. The service provides 12 self-contained flats/bedsits, a communal area and garden ideal for rehabilitation and offering clients activities around the creative arts, cooking and gardening.Cover is over 24 hours using an enhanced concierge service at night, with care and support offered by a team of 12, including a mental health nursing post, and the service is registered with the Care Quality Commission.
Reporting to the Care Services Manager, you will play a vital role in delivering a high quality service and developing the staff team. If you have experience of staff supervision and are looking to take the first step into senior management, this is an ideal opportunity to further develop your career with an organisation committed to supporting staff and residents to achieve their full potential.
Ideally, you will have:-
- A positive “can do” attitude and customer focus.
- A proven background of working with clients with complex needs in a community setting, using the Recovery Star and person-centred approaches.
- Excellent communication skills (articulate, sensitive and respectful).
- Good IT skills.
- Drive and determination to ensure that team objectives are achieved.
There is some flexibility around work start and finish times. Normal hours of work will be Monday to Friday cross-shifts. There may be occasional early/late shifts and weekends if required.
In return we offer:
• Paid DBS check
• Social Housing Pension Scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Gymflex and Techscheme
• Further training and development
• Support, guidance and a caring working environment.
Confirmation of appointment is subject to obtaining an acceptable Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure Barring Service.
Closing date: Wednesday 17thJuly 2019.