Starting Salary: £34,788 pa progressing to £42,683 pa
Full Time Hours, 2 Year Fixed Term/Secondment Contract
The Property team work to ensure that our property is used in the most effective and efficient way to provide the best possible services to the people of Hertfordshire.
We own or lease around 2,000 property assets. These help us to deliver services as diverse as schools, libraries, fire stations, waste management sites and buildings for the provision of adult and children’s services.
This position sits within the Development team within Property. You will be responsible for managing a range of projects focused particularly on delivering the transformation of the Adult Care Service’s portfolio of accommodation for older people, and younger adults with disabilities. This will include liaising with the service’s Programme Managers responsible for developing the strategies and policies for supported accommodation, to ensure that the requirements of the service are understood and implemented by the various Property teams involved in delivery.
Skills & Experience
- Proven successful track record working in a project management role, ideally using a project management methodology such as Prince 2
- Experience in a property or building management related role would be desirable
- A self-starter with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to persuade and influence key decision makers both internally and at a client level
- Effective negotiating skills
- Experience of working in a service delivery environment
- Experience of property management issues would be desirable
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and codes of practice
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact James Barber, Programme Manager on 01992 555359.
Closing date: 4 August 2019
Interview date: w.c. 19 August 2019