Salary: £28,363 - £33,920
Permanent: 37 Hours per Week
Situated on the River Thames, Thurrock is an ambitious unitary with vision and opportunities for its residents and businesses.
Thurrock's Debt Management Team is a highly recognised services having been nominated twice for the IRRV (Institute of Revenues Rating and Valuation) Most Improved Team of the Year Award and was in the finalists in 2012, and achieved a Bronze Award in 2013.
The team are currently looking for experienced Court Officers to join this dynamic team. You will be responsible for effectively managing the major processes involved in the collection of the various Portfolios of Debt owed to the Council.
Whilst working in the Debt Management Team, you will be taking your selected cases through the Court Processes by attending and presenting the cases at County Court and attending Magistrates Court Hearings.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Confidence to be able to manage difficult conversations
- A knowledge of debt collection processes (Ideally Council Tax, Non Domestic Rates and Sundry)
- A knowledge of the Money Claims on Line (MCOL) process
- A knowledge of the County Court processes and methods of enforcement
- A clear understanding of the Charging Order, Bankruptcy and Committal processes
- A full knowledge and understanding of the Thurrock Fair Debt Policy
- Experience using negotiation skills
- Experience of communicating with members of the public.
In return for your time and commitment, we offer:
- Generous annual leave entitlement - 25 days rising to 30 after 5 years' service
- Flexible working to support a good work life balance
- An excellent Employee Assistance Programme
- Excellent training opportunities and an established CPD programme
- Reflective supervision and management support
To view the Job Profile and Person Specification please follow the link below:
Closing Date: 28 July 2019