Salary: £23,790 - £28,363
Permanent: 37 Hours per Week
Thurrock's ICT Department is playing a key role in supporting the Council's digital and technological transformation.
If you want to make a positive contribution and be part of this journey then why not come and join our Service Desk team.
As part of this role you will be working with a team of specialists who support front line service provision by ensuring line of business applications run correctly and help design new solutions to enable services to provide excellent services to residents.
As part of your work with us your responsibilities will include;
- Responsible for business-as-usual ICT Service Desk service delivery, ensuring that all in scope services are available to the business within agreed SLA's
- Responsible for ensuring all faults/requests are logged and longer term tasks are planned, scheduled and delivered in accordance with agreed deadlines
- Provide first line support in the diagnosis and resolution of incidents and requests
- Contributes when the Major Incident process is invoked as appropriate
- Responsible for ensuring all Service Desk daily checks are carried out for the council and schools
- Responsible for monitoring the ICT Service Desk shared mailboxes
This opportunity is an excellent development opportunity for an enthusiastic individual who might wish to expand their general ICT understanding or alternatively who is looking to progress a career in the ICT field.
To view the Job Profile and Person Specification please follow the link below:
Closing Date: 28 July 2019
Our vision - An ambitious and collaborative community which is proud of its heritage and excited by its diverse opportunities and future.
Thurrock is an exciting place to live and work. We are an emerging cultural and arts centre, home to the production centre for the Royal Opera House and the National Skills Academy for Creative and Cultural Skills. We have retail and leisure that is among the best, with the magnificent intu Lakeside, and breath-taking countryside all around. There is over 1,000 acres of land ready for commercial development and there are likely to be 30,000 new homes built with transport links that can get you into London and other parts of the UK quickly and easily.
We are an area of massive growth; £6bn has already been invested by the private sector in Thurrock. We have seen 7,000 new jobs created, with a further 30,000 anticipated in the next 20 years, and 1,170 new businesses in the borough, with leading centres in ports and logistics, retail and creative industries.
Thurrock Council is an Investors in People (IIP) Gold accredited organisation and committed to equal opportunities. As a Disability Confident Employer, disabled people will be offered an interview where they meet all essential criteria on the person specification.
We champion flexible working and job share applications are welcome.