Salary: £23,790 - £28,363
Permanent: 37 Hours per Week
Thurrock's ICT Department is playing a key role in supporting the Council's digital and technological transformation.
If you want to make a positive contribution and be part of this journey then why not come and join our Network and Telephony team. The team is vital to ensure that the Council has the connectivity it needs to support every aspect of the Council's business. They work with all departments and support colleagues across a wide range of business systems.
As part of this role you will be working with a team of specialists who support front line service provision by ensuring line of business applications run correctly and help design new solutions to enable services to provide excellent services to residents.
As part of your work with us you will be responsible for:
- Assist with managing, monitoring and administering the Council's Desktop infrastructure services to ensure that the service provided meets the user needs and that services are provided to the agreed Internal SLA.
- Support subject matter experts in providing advice and guidance within area of technical specialism and using appropriate tools and methods to execute the development of systems.
- Assist senior team members with making technical changes.
- Contributes to defining solutions within projects, and assist in delivering small discrete pieces of change work (e.g CCRs).
- Assist senior technical staff in the testing and rollouts of new hardware and software.
- Assist with the major upgrades to the desktop infrastructure. E.g. Service packs, Os versions, Anti-Virus etc.
- Assist towards ensuring that the Council's data is secure (Regular backups, Users permissions).
- Assist with the planning and of the desktop strategy & architecture.
- Assist with ways to identify and improve the functionality, security, appearance, reliability and usability of the desktop environment.
- Contribute towards a forward schedule of change to plan the installation and testing of new versions of desktop software & hardware.
This opportunity is an excellent development opportunity for an enthusiastic individual who might wish to expand their general ICT understanding or alternatively who is looking to progress a career in the ICT field.
To view the Job Profile and Person Specification please follow the link below:
Thurrock Council is committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all sections of the community. Disabled people will be offered an interview where they meet all essential criteria on the person specification. Job share applications are also welcome. Most departments operate a system of flexible working hours.
We serve a diverse community where people are different yet equal. Diversity underpins everything we do.