Hours: 25 Hours Per Week - 45.8 weeks per years (Increasing to 46.8 after 5 years)
Thurrock Catering Services provides Gold Food for Life, award winning lunchtime meals at 29 Primary Schools, 2 Special Schools, 2 Secondary Schools within the Borough, serving in excess of one million meals each year to children and school staff. Due to the Universal Free School Meal's for KS1 pupils and continued expansion and growth of our service, an opportunity now exists to work in a friendly and flexible environment as part of our area team!
We are looking for strong, experienced and enthusiastic Chef with a passion for cooking good nutritious food and a positive 'can-do' attitude!
You will be required to cover where ever required across Thurrock to organise, arrange and supervise all activities in the school kitchen, counter display and dining room area. You will need to promote the service and keep abreast of new products, promotions and any changes in legislation.
- Cover and support the Catering Service wherever required across Thurrock
- Promotion of the Catering Service keeping abreast of new products & legislation,
- Organise and manage the catering provision to ensure an efficient and cost effective service to meet set targets on food and labour costs
- Ordering provisions, food preparation and cooking in accordance to the recipe file and menu.
- All paperwork & reporting required to ensure stock take and payroll deadlines are met
- The management of staff to include attendance and annual appraisals.
- Increase uptake and business growth
Full workplace training will be given, which includes food hygiene and safety training. A flexible approach with a can do attitude is required together with a pleasant personality and excellent customer care ethics.
We offer competitive benefits to staff details of which can be found at https://www.thurrock.gov.uk/council-terms-and-conditions-of-employment/employment-benefits
To view the Job Profile and Person Specification please follow the link below: