Resource Provision Teaching Assistant temporary 1 year contract
Required for Autumn 2019
Oak View Academy are looking for a person who has all the skills and attributes to work in our resource
provision with a small number of children who struggle with learning in a mainstream setting.
We require the person to have the following:
- Patience and resilience
- The ability and experience of working with children who have complex needs
- An understanding of a range of child-centred strategies that support and enrich learning.
- Knowledge and experience of a range of therapeutic strategies such as lego therapy, theraplay, peer
- The ability to support a curriculum that ensures children learn but which also supports their integration
back into mainstream learning.
- An understanding of safety.
- The experience to support and enhance provision for the children who attend Oak View Academy.
In return we offer:
- A competitive salary
- The chance to set up and establish a unique provision within a mainstream school.
- A chance to really make a difference to incredibly vulnerable children who need and require the best.
- Fantastic professional development, enthusiastic children, caring parents and a supportive team of
professionals to work alongside including North West Academies Trust.
This position is open to the widest range of applicants as possible as we appreciate that it is the person who will make a difference to the children not the qualifications they hold. You can find out more information about the school on our website: www.oak-view-academy.co.uk
Closing date: 11am on Monday 22nd July. Interviews will be held on 1.8.2019
Please note: All appointments to the staff of the school are subject to satisfactory medical and police clearance.