Learning Support Assistant 1:1
Term time only
BG-K 1-3 (£17,364-£18,065 FTE)
Sandy Lane Primary School is a warm and friendly rapidly improving primary school with a dynamic and inspiring Headteacher. We are looking to recruit a Welfare Assistant (Monday to Friday, 1.00pm to 3.30pm,).
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, proactive, reliable and have experience of working with young children and should have good literacy and numeracy skills.
We are seeking to appoint someone who:
- Passionate about getting the best out of every child
- Has enthusiasm and passion for working with children
- Flexible, hardworking and willing to take an active part in the life of the school
- Will work in partnership with colleagues and parents
- Experienced in Makaton
- Comfortable with changing nappies
It would be desirable to have experience working with Downs Syndrome pupils.
We can offer:
- Being part of a positive support team
- Amazing children who are keen to learn
- CPD opportunities available and supported
- A good quality learning environment
- 5 minute walk to the new Lexicon shopping centre
Closing Date: Friday 30th August 2019
For more information or to arrange a visit to our school, please contact our school business manager via email at the following address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be reviewed on receipt and interviews will be held as required. Early application is therefore recommended and the school reserves the right to close. If you do not hear from us during the week beginning 3rd September, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
Sandy Lane Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our children. All appointments will be made subject to a full DBS check and references which will be taken up prior to interview.