Are you committed to delivering high quality services to children and their families? Then this is where you want to be!
West Berkshire Children and Family Services is regarded for the quality of service it provides as a great place to work. With a well-established, flexible, multi-disciplinary approach to service delivery that ensures communication is fast, easy and effective.
This is a part time post of 28 hours per week over five days to work within our Looked After Children Teams focusing on Children in Care and Leaving Care.
This role provides a comprehensive administrative and customer focused support service to the teams. The post holder will also:
Assist the Business Support Officer with financial duties including purchase ledger, sales orders and petty cash
- Answering telephone enquiries from members of the public and professionals
- Applying for passports and birth certificates
- Organising interpreters
- Issuing travel warrants
- Booking activities
- Have some experience of organising meetings and taking minutes
- Have an excellent eye for detail
- Have a good working knowledge of IT systems and excellent keyboard skills
- Produce and format a range of documents, including letters, reports, presentations ensuring that they are accurate and well-presented
- Provide support to the management and social workers within the team
You must also be committed to the work of the team, be conscientious, organised, discreet, hardworking and flexible.
This role has been identified as public facing in accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2017; the requirement to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in English applies.
West Berkshire Council offer excellent employment benefits such as flexible working, access to a wide range of relevant training, Local Government Pension Scheme, family friendly policies, a range of local discounts and much more. You will also be entitled to a generous annual leave entitlement of 27 days per annum rising to a maximum of 32 days.
For an informal discussion, please contact Julie Povey, Business Support Manager on 01635 519767 or Alex Steward, Support Services Officer on 01635 503144.
Interviews will be held on the 14th August 2019