West Berkshire Children and Family Services is regarded for the quality of service it provides and as a great place to work. We have a well-established, flexible, multi-disciplinary approach to service delivery that ensures communication is fast, easy and effective.
Due to a promotion we are looking to recruit a Business Support Assistant Administrator who will provide a consistent, reliable and high quality administration service to our Family Safeguarding West Team which is based in West Street House, Newbury. This vacancy is for 30 hours per week over four days.
Tasks will include:
• Provide support to a team of social workers and family support workers
• Arrange meetings, prepare and distribute agendas and take minutes
• Handle a range of telephone and personal enquiries from internal and external customers and contacts, referring to others as appropriate
• Maintain and update client files and records on Care Director
• Produce and format a range of documents, including letters, reports, presentations ensuring that they are accurate and well-presented meeting specifications and deadlines
• Have a good working knowledge of IT systems and excellent keyboard skills
The ideal applicant will be self-motivated and resilient and able to work well in a team. You will also need the ability to prioritise your own workload whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy.
Good communicating on skills, both written and verbal are essential.
This role has been identified as public facing in accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2017; the requirement to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in English applies.
West Berkshire Council offer excellent employment benefits such as flexible working, access to a wide range of relevant training, local government pension scheme, family friendly policies, a range of local discounts and much more. You will also be entitled to a generous annual leave entitlement of 26 days per annum rising to a maximum of 34 days, depending on how long you’ve worked for us and the grade of your job.
Please contact Julie Povey on 01635 519785 for an informal chat about this role.
Interviews to be held 6th August.