“Happy to talk flexible working”
Do you want to Earn While You Learn?
Do you want to gain invaluable Administration skills to give your career a kick start?
Then we would love to hear from you….
Mole Valley lies at the heart of Surrey. The towns of Dorking and Leatherhead are the District’s main centres.
We are located opposite the Sports Centre which offers a 6 lane 25m swimming pool, sports hall, gym, aerobics studio and café and Dorking Halls, which provides a range of facilities including a café, cinema, theatre and concerts.
The offices are only a 2 minute walk from shops in the High Street. For those who travel to work by car we provide free staff parking alongside the office and the nearest railway stations are just a 5 minute walk away.
About the role
As an integral member of the Planning Support Team, you will provide effective and efficient administration support to the whole Planning department. Working closely with the Planning Support Manager, you will gain work experience in the following areas:
• IT skills to access and input information as necessary into several different IT systems
• Receipt and initial administration of Planning Applications
• Receipt of planning representations
• General administrative support across the department
• General customer enquiries
• Incoming and outgoing post
You will provide a consistent administrative base within the office and the work will mainly be PC based however, the role covers a variety of tasks, so no two days will be the same.
You will carry out tasks required on a day-to-day basis and the work that you do is designed to ensure that you meet the evidence and standards required for your qualification.
Our Apprentices are employed on a 18 month fixed term period, giving plenty of time to complete the agreed qualification and gain significant work experience. At the end of this period if there isn’t a role available within the department or our Council, we will support and network with our neighbouring Councils to try and find you a permanent role.
About the team
Our team covers a wide range of support tasks, including providing support for the Development Management team and Planning Policy Teams.
- Are you keen to join our workforce and earn while you learn?
- Are you looking to gain valuable experience that will make your CV stand out above the rest?
- You are looking to start your career in a supportive environment and develop essential skills to improve your employability then an apprenticeship at Mole Valley District Council is for you.
- You meet the essential education criteria and are either starting out in your career or looking for an opportunity to pursue a new career we would love to hear from you.
For an informal chat about the role, please contact Brenda Rogers, Planning Support Manager on 01306 879261, or email on firstname.lastname@example.orgAlternatively you can contact HR at email@example.com
Closing date for applicants: 16 August 2019
Interview dates: TBC / August 2019
Start date: September 2019
How to apply
Visit our careers website https://jobsatmolevalley.co.uk/apprenticeships/ submit your CV along with a supporting statement, to let us know why you would like to take on this Apprenticeship and how you meet the skills and experience of the role.