Salary: £17,828 - £19275
Contract: Permanent, Term Time Only
20 hours per week
Location: East Tilbury
We are looking for a strong, experienced Assistant Chef with a passion for cooking good nutritious food and a positive 'can-do' attitude!
You will be required to organise, arrange and supervise all activities in the school kitchen, counter display and dining room area. You will need to promote the service and keep abreast of new products, promotions and any changes in legislation.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Promotion of the catering service and supporting the Head of Kitchen to keep abreast of new products & legislation
- Support the Head of Kitchen to organise and manage the catering provision to ensure an efficient and cost effective service to meet set targets on food and labour costs
- Support the Head of Kitchen with food preparation and cooking in accordance to the recipe file and menu.
- Support the Catering Service by deputising for the Head of Kitchen to complete all paperwork & reporting required to ensure stock take and payroll deadlines are met in their absence or as required.
- Support the Head of Kitchen by supervising staff to ensure the smooth delivery of the catering service
- Participate in annual appraisals and any training required
- Support the catering service to increase uptake and business growth
- A flexible approach is required for this role. Full workplace training will be given, which includes food hygiene and safety training.
We offer competitive benefits to staff details of which can be found at:
A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check at an enhanced level is required for this role.
To view the Job Profile and Person Specification please follow the link below:
Closing date: 4 August 2019
Our vision - An ambitious and collaborative community which is proud of its heritage and excited by its diverse opportunities and future.
Thurrock is an exciting place to live and work. We are an emerging cultural and arts centre, home to the production centre for the Royal Opera House and the National Skills Academy for Creative and Cultural Skills. We have retail and leisure that is among the best, with the magnificent intu Lakeside, and breath-taking countryside all around. There is over 1,000 acres of land ready for commercial development and there are likely to be 30,000 new homes built with transport links that can get you into London and other parts of the UK quickly and easily.
We serve a diverse community where people are different yet equal. Diversity underpins everything we do.