About the Role
We currently have an opportunity for a full time Housing Team Area Manager.
Location: Hemel Hempstead
£39,513 p/a - 35 hours per week
The Housing Team Area Manager will be responsible for providing a highly professional customer focused housing management service to Hightown`s residents in rented accommodation and to housing applicants.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage and motivate a team of Officers to provide high quality customer-orientated services.
- Be responsbie for managing a team who are responsible for taking appropriate action on breaches of tenacies, including anti-social behaviour.
- Ensure tenants are able to become involved in the management of their homes.
- Ensure the delivery of quality housing management services with agreed budgets and meeting statutory requirements.
- Promote and oversee resident involvement initiatives.
- To work with the Income Recovery and Lettings Team Manager to take prompt action on all void properties to ensure that they are let quickly as possible, and within target times.
- Work in conjunction with the Income Recovery and Lettings team to ensure that appropriate action is taken to deal with arrears of rent and charges.
- To represent Hightown at liaison meetings with local authorities and other bodies as appropriate.
- The Housing Team Area Manager will seek to deliver an excellent level of service in the context of changing residents` needs, regulatory requirements and best practice.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a can-do attitude, who is driven by the desire to make a difference. Essential qualities include:
- Ability to provide clear, supportive leadership
- Housing management experience
- Experience in First Line Management of staff
- Good knowledge of housing/homelessness legislation
- Able to communicate with a wide range of people and organisations and influence customers & stakeholders
- Good presentation and report writing skills
- Flexible approach to work and a car owner
- Take ownership for resolving problems, demonstrating resilience in dealing with difficult situations
We offer a range of benefits which include:
- Generous annual leave allowance, rising with service, plus statutory bank holidays
- Workplace pension scheme
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Comprehensive training and development support
- Employee Assistance scheme to support your health and wellbeing
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- On-site parking and gym
- Friendly and supportive working environment
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual bonus based on performance
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health & wellbeing with the Five ways to Wellbeing
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Berkshire and Buckinghamshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 6,000 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £82 million and a development programme that will deliver around 400 new affordable homes each year.
To apply for this position please complete an online application form.
Closing date: Tuesday 20th August 2019
Interview date: Thursday 29th August 2019
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.