Growing the economy of Horsham District is a key priority for the Council and with a new economic strategy now in place, the Economic Development Team needs support to deliver a range of exciting projects. As our Research Assistant you will be the initial point of contact for our businesses and play a key role in helping new businesses to grow. The District has a great offer for businesses and you will assist the team in ensuring that we get the message across to “Think Horsham District”.
The work of the Team is varied and challenging, reflected in the 5 priorities of the economic strategy:
- Inward Investment
- Skills and Employment
- Infrastructure – to address the barriers to economic growth
- Promoting the District Offer
You will provide valuable support across the whole Team, your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing technical and administrative support to the Economic Development Team
- Providing administrative and operational support for all business support activity
- Research and produce economic development reports, including District Economic Profile information and statistical analysis
- Oversee and update key contacts, business and stakeholder databases
We are looking for someone who is able to communicate with a range of people and businesses. You will need to have excellent IT skills and be confident in dealing with databases and websites. You must also have:
- An education to GCSE level or equivalent
- An ability to work creatively, on your own initiative as well as part of a team
- Experience of project work and business development
This is an exciting opportunity to make a difference to the future of the District and work across a range of disciplines including business support, skills, events and marketing.
For further information about this post please contact Clare Mangan, Head of Economic Development on 01403 215303.