Are you a talented programme/project manager looking for a unique opportunity to help improve the lives of local people in Huddersfield and its surrounding towns and villages? We need an experienced professional with a proven track record in managing the delivery of projects to work on our digital delivery programme here at Kirklees Council.
Our vision for Kirklees is to be a district which combines a strong, sustainable economy with a great quality of life – leading to thriving communities, growing businesses, high prosperity and low inequality where people enjoy better health through their lives.
The private sector is investing millions in digital infrastructure, meaning that Huddersfield will become one of the first Gigabit towns. Working in partnership with the private sector, you will be instrumental in delivering and implementing projects in this area, as well as having the opportunity to become involved in a diverse range of work including housing, employment, transportation, energy and environment, which have also received large investments.
Your key responsibilities and duties within the role as Project Manager for Major Projects will consist of:
- Establishing professional relationships with partner organisations, as you will work across the Leeds City Region
- Provide effective leadership and ensure priority projects and works are delivered
- Ensure that dependencies between projects and wider strategic changes are understood, tracked and well managed
We are looking for a Project Manager who already has:
- Highly developed communication, negotiation and networking skills, with the ability to develop and maintain effective, professional relationships
- The ability to work flexibly and as part of a team in a high profile and demanding environment, whilst working to tight deadlines
- The skills and knowledge to help project manage the delivery of a resilient infrastructure network
At Kirklees Council, we want to support your professional development to give you the right skills, confidence and support to really achieve your potential. We offer a variety of courses and training designed for this exact purpose.
We value the importance of having work life balance, so this is why we offer provisions such as flexible-working, generous holiday entitlement, a variety of special leave policies, employee healthcare services and a childcare voucher scheme.
If you are interested in what we are offering, and have the skills we are looking for, have a look at the attached job profile for more information. In order to be shortlisted for this job, you will need to demonstrate how you meet the Person Checklist.