About the School
We are a Catholic Primary School and Nursery which is proud to serve our local community. We welcome children of all backgrounds and are very proud of our diverse and multicultural identity. We work together closely with our children's families to achieve the best for each child. St William of York is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and safer recruitment checks.
About the Role
We are looking to appoint a person as soon as possible from September 2019 to work on 1:1 basis with a child in Reception class in order to support their academic progress and personal development.
We are looking for a person who is:
- Supportive of the inclusive ethos of the school
- Has experience of working within a mainstream setting supporting children on a 1:1 or small group basis
- Experience of working with children with Special Educational Needs
- Genuine in their desire to work with children
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, with a sense of humour
- Flexible and adaptable
- Able to work within a team
- Able to set high expectations for themselves and children
The person should have a recognised teaching assistant qualification and be someone who is keen to work in an educational setting and has previous experience of working in a school.
The post is fixed term on an annual basis as it is subject to SEN High Needs funding for a specific child. The hours of work are 8.45am to 3.30pm Monday to Friday with half an hour for lunch, Term Time only (38 weeks).