Halton Borough Council has an excellent reputation of employing quality vehicle engineers.
We are looking for a fully skilled Light Vehicle Mechanic that will provide additional skills and added quality to our present team of skilled workers.
Full training will be provided to achieve Nominated Tester status, if the applicant can demonstrate they are qualified to complete DVSA MOT training and have an enthusiastic attitude in continuing their engineering development within the Authority.
The main duties will include:
- The repair and maintenance of all Vehicle and Plant operated by the Authority.
- Hackney Carriage and Private vehicle Taxi Testing.
- Class IV, V and VII MOT testing.
- Repair and Maintenance of private cars and light commercial vehicles
- To work in safe and efficient manner at all times.
The successful applicant will be based at:
Halton Borough Council Depot,Lower House Lane,Widnes,Cheshire WA8 7AW
About the right candidate:
- Posess First class mechanical engineering skills with a proven history of the repair and maintenance of cars and light commercial vehicles.
- Good standard of education and a commitment to continual development
- Self motivated,reliable and punctual
- Smart appearance and professional manner
- A flair for mechanics and engineering
- Strong personality with a willingness to pass skills on and learn new skills
- A polite and pleasant manner
- Good communication skills
“You will enjoy working here in Halton, we look forward to hearing from you”
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact Chris Cullen on 0151 511 7937