This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional to join us and play a leading role in delivering the Transport and Countryside Capital Programme and a range of road safety education.
You will be responsible for leading a team of eight engineers, technicians and road safety officers in the delivery of a range of traffic management projects and road safety services. You will also be responsible for managing consultants, contractors and external service providers. You will have frequent contact with elected members and will need to work collaboratively with members of other teams, other Service areas and external organisations.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent;
- A professional qualification in Engineering or Management;
- Experience in the procurement and delivery of civil engineering projects, including contract administration;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills with an ability to relate to all customers, dealing with difficult and challenging circumstances;
- The ability to motivate your team to strive for excellent performance.
This role has been identified as public facing in accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2017; the requirement to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in English applies.
West Berkshire Council offer excellent employment benefits such as flexible working, access to a wide range of relevant training, local government pension scheme, family friendly policies, a range of local discounts and much more. You will also be entitled to a generous annual leave entitlement of 26 days per annum rising to a maximum of 34 days, depending on how long you’ve worked for us and the grade of your job.
For an informal discussion about the above posts, please contact Neil Stacey, Network Manager (Highways) on 01635 519113.